Apr 18, 2009

Yes, there were SpArKs

Ok, so I have to post this because I am too excited. So, Matt and I are getting married. I know, you are all shocked, but it is true. I picked out my wedding dress yesterday and we are planning on a July 17th wedding date.
I don't have a ring yet because Matt has to fly out here to meet my family and ask my Dad, which he will do sometime in the next three weeks. Hopefully sooner than later. I am going back to Florida for two weeks the beginning of June, then we will get married in July. We will be living in Florida so I will look for a job there when I go in June.
We could use your prayers because I need to get a cancellation of sealing from my ex-husband, and we are hoping he cooperates. I am meeting with my bishop tomorrow to start the process of finding him and getting him to write the letter. We have been told the hard part is getting the letter, that once it is submitted to the First Presidency it is only a couple of weeks to actually get the letter for the cancellation.
We are planning on being married in the Salt Lake Temple, but if the cancellation doesnt go through we will get married civilly here and get sealed in a year. We are not planning on a reception or anything, just the wedding and a luncheon.
So, there you go. I am so happy and I have never felt so sure of anything in my life. We have no doubt we are meant to be together. I wish we lived closer and we didnt have to be so far from my family, but I know everything will work out. So, there is a quick post on my exciting news.
Love,
Mami

7 comments:

  1. Jami,
    Congrats! When I talked to you a few weeks ago you really seemed to feel strongly about him then...I am so happy for you. I will keep you in my prayers! Let me know if you need any help with anything. As for buddy passes....when u looking to go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting Jami! I'm glad you have found the happiness you deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! that's awesome i will keep you in my prayers, good luck. You better keep this blog going so we can see what's happening in your life:) july is a good month my anniversary is the 15th

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jami!!! I am sooo happy for you!!! That is sooo exciting!!! I will keep you both in my prayers... and you better keep us updated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome Jami!! Congrats!! I hope all works out that you can get married in the Temple good luck!!

    ReplyDelete