Jan 31, 2009

TOFW and Taken

Ok, so when you are single, living alone with no kids, and your phone rings at 8:25 am on a Saturday morning (your only day to sleep in, I might add), what do you do? You dont answer it, whoever it is can wait, UNLESS....its Daddy. Then, you answer it. What does Dad want that early on a Saturday morning? The conversation went something like this:
J: Hello (add just woken up morning voice here)
D: Hi Jame! Ya up?
J: I am now
D: Well, I want you to jump out of bed and get in the shower and get ready

J: (Thinking to myself, You want me to jump up, get in the shower and get ready at 8:30 in the morning on a saturday?), my actual response, Ok, why?

He then explains to me that he wants me to go to a seminar with my mom up at WSU that lasts all day. And boy, am I glad I jumped out of bed. The seminar is called Time Out for Women and it is sponsored by Deseret Book. It was a full day of Music, Motivational Speakers, Giveaways, and just an uplifting spirit (much better than cleaning my house, which is what I was going to do). The seminar is coming to Logan in the fall, and I would suggest anyone who is LDS and would like to take advantage of a very inspiring event on the importance and worth of Women, you need to go! It is great for Mothers, Daughters, Sisters, In-laws, or Friends. Just a great opportunity to spend time with the amazing women in your life and get inspired at that. If you would like to know more click here

My Mom, sister Nicole and I went (sorry we missed you Cami and DeeAnn, maybe next time). We had a blast. I wish I got some pics because we
looked quite comical walking to the car for lunch, all under the same umbrella. Me being 5'4" and Mom and Nicki both being midgets (or close to it). I finally ditched the umbrella and just went for the drowned rat look. Mom tried to jump over a puddle and landed right in it, so her sock was wet the rest of the day, and Nicki was walking like a lakette...Just picture it :) Thanks to Dad and his blank check we got some great CD's and Books. Thanks Dad for waking me up....You can do it anytime!

Then today Nicki and I went and saw the mo
vie Taken. I wont say much about it, but you MUST go see it, It was SO GOOD. If you need someone to go with you, I would love to see it again! For the trailer click here

So, that's about it for now. Keep Smiling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment