
Today is my Mom's 29th birthday (that's right, we're the same age :) ) I just wanted to wish her a happy birthday and tell her how much I love her.
My Mom and I have had a lot of the same struggles, and because of this we have a tendency to fight a lot. Right now, our relationship is very good. I am learning to focus on the now, and today I am so happy with where we are at.
Growing up I have so many memories of Mom. When Cami and I were little, my Mom was sewing a whole bunch of "baby clothes". She was pregnant with Nicki at the time, so we were told they were for the new baby. Well, when Christmas morning came, she had made us both our own carriers and a bajillion clothes for our cabbage patch kids. We had the best dressed dolls in town! I was so young, but i remember it taking my Mom forever on that sewing machine. I don't remember a lot of presents I got as a kid, but I will always remember that Christmas and the sacrifice she made for us. (She also makes a hand sewn quilt for each grandchild when they are baptized, special to them.) Thanks Mom!
My parents had three kids within their first three years of marriage (can we say birth control? LOL). I wouldn't have it any other way now with how close we are, but they had a handful. As we were growing older, we were all involved in so many things. My mom made each one of us take piano. Oh, how I hated practicing SO MUCH! She kept saying we would thank her one day, and I vowed I never would. There were days I had decided I wouldn't practice, and she would make me sit at that D*** piano for hours, with tears running down my face (and me saying every bad thing about her I could think of). Eventually I would practice, and today I want to say THANKS MOM! I am so grateful I can play the piano. All five of us can (everyone else better than me, maybe I shouldn't have been so stubborn!) and we have all used that talent so many times.
Anyone that grew up in our neighborhood always knew when a Carter child had done something good. (We all ran for office and made different offices throughout Junior High and High School, well except for Cami. We all know what Cami did in Jr. High and High School, or maybe we don't, but we wont go into that :) ) My Mom would always call the school before hand to see if we made it. She had a huge poster hanging in the front window of our house congratulating whomever on whatever they had achieved. I always looked forward to walking home and seeing the sign on the window. One year, my Mom was sick and unable to make a sign for Caden, so we made one for him and put it in the window, just to carry on my Mom's tradition. And when she called the school ahead and I didnt make cheerleader (the biggest tragedy of my young life, sniff, sniff), she had my favorite cookies (oreos) and a card saying although I didnt make it, I still meant so much to her. Thanks again Mom.
There are so many memories to name, The special plate on our birthdays, A note tucked in our suitcase the first year of girls camp (that still brings tears to my eyes), waiting up to talk to us about our dates and boys (or girls), helping us through breakups (including letting me talk about whatever I needed to when I got divorced, that alone meant so much!), her great love and support for Caden when he lost Analee, and last but not least, always saying whenever we would walk out the door, say good bye on the phone, or just need a pick-me-up, "Remember Your Mommy Loves You".
Thanks Mom! Thanks for being so supportive, loving and helpful in anything and everything we do. I know you have had your struggles as we all have, but your testimony in the gospel has never wavered and I thank you for that example. I know we are all stronger people because we have you as our mother. I look forward to the day where all five of us kids and our spouses will be able to sit in the celestial room of the temple and look at you and Dad and call you blessed for all you have done for us. Thanks again Mom! I love you!
My Mom and I have had a lot of the same struggles, and because of this we have a tendency to fight a lot. Right now, our relationship is very good. I am learning to focus on the now, and today I am so happy with where we are at.
Growing up I have so many memories of Mom. When Cami and I were little, my Mom was sewing a whole bunch of "baby clothes". She was pregnant with Nicki at the time, so we were told they were for the new baby. Well, when Christmas morning came, she had made us both our own carriers and a bajillion clothes for our cabbage patch kids. We had the best dressed dolls in town! I was so young, but i remember it taking my Mom forever on that sewing machine. I don't remember a lot of presents I got as a kid, but I will always remember that Christmas and the sacrifice she made for us. (She also makes a hand sewn quilt for each grandchild when they are baptized, special to them.) Thanks Mom!
My parents had three kids within their first three years of marriage (can we say birth control? LOL). I wouldn't have it any other way now with how close we are, but they had a handful. As we were growing older, we were all involved in so many things. My mom made each one of us take piano. Oh, how I hated practicing SO MUCH! She kept saying we would thank her one day, and I vowed I never would. There were days I had decided I wouldn't practice, and she would make me sit at that D*** piano for hours, with tears running down my face (and me saying every bad thing about her I could think of). Eventually I would practice, and today I want to say THANKS MOM! I am so grateful I can play the piano. All five of us can (everyone else better than me, maybe I shouldn't have been so stubborn!) and we have all used that talent so many times.
Anyone that grew up in our neighborhood always knew when a Carter child had done something good. (We all ran for office and made different offices throughout Junior High and High School, well except for Cami. We all know what Cami did in Jr. High and High School, or maybe we don't, but we wont go into that :) ) My Mom would always call the school before hand to see if we made it. She had a huge poster hanging in the front window of our house congratulating whomever on whatever they had achieved. I always looked forward to walking home and seeing the sign on the window. One year, my Mom was sick and unable to make a sign for Caden, so we made one for him and put it in the window, just to carry on my Mom's tradition. And when she called the school ahead and I didnt make cheerleader (the biggest tragedy of my young life, sniff, sniff), she had my favorite cookies (oreos) and a card saying although I didnt make it, I still meant so much to her. Thanks again Mom.
There are so many memories to name, The special plate on our birthdays, A note tucked in our suitcase the first year of girls camp (that still brings tears to my eyes), waiting up to talk to us about our dates and boys (or girls), helping us through breakups (including letting me talk about whatever I needed to when I got divorced, that alone meant so much!), her great love and support for Caden when he lost Analee, and last but not least, always saying whenever we would walk out the door, say good bye on the phone, or just need a pick-me-up, "Remember Your Mommy Loves You".
Thanks Mom! Thanks for being so supportive, loving and helpful in anything and everything we do. I know you have had your struggles as we all have, but your testimony in the gospel has never wavered and I thank you for that example. I know we are all stronger people because we have you as our mother. I look forward to the day where all five of us kids and our spouses will be able to sit in the celestial room of the temple and look at you and Dad and call you blessed for all you have done for us. Thanks again Mom! I love you!






No comments:
Post a Comment