Apr 28, 2009

Do we need a Plumber?

Ok, So, I love my ring. LOVE my ring! I can't stop looking at it. In fact, I'm kind of upset that I had been wearing the fake ring for work because the whole concept of something on my finger is not as new as it should be.
Anyway, I had measured my fingers to see the right size, but you have to understand, I have very small fingers (I will say though, that the jeweler that measured my fingers said I should be a hand model...hmm. Matt said I could make us rich with my hands, or maybe not!) So, Matt got me the size I told him, but the ring is a little too big. I tried to just wrap it with scotch tape (as I had done with the fake rings), but Matt thought that looks like trailer trash (which I will admit, it does). So, the jeweler who got us the ring suggested a ring guard. Anyway, it leaves a little gap between the ring and the guard, but it really makes it fit.
So, yesterday I was in the shower and I got soap between the ring guard and the ring. So, I took the ring off to try to get the soap off. Well, the ring slipped out of my hand, and fell. Yes, it slid down the side of the tub. It was like slow motion. It was slipping, s.l.i.p.p.i.n.g, s...l...i...pp...i...n...g, down the side of the tub, RiGhT dOwN tHe DrAiN. Yes, my ring went down the drain. I immediately turned off the water, but I couldnt get the ring. I could not figure out how to get the drain out. So, I jumped out of the shower, grabbed something to put on, and ran out of the bathroom yelling for Matt. Matt is my Hero (not to mention the fact he does have a little something invested in the ring :) ) He very patiently kneeled in the tub to look for the ring. I was about to lose it (my mind that is, the ring was already lost). I was starting to cry.
Matt asked me to get a hanger, and luckily he was able to get the ring. I kept telling him I was sorry but he didnt even get mad. He very patiently got up from his knees, held the ring out to me and said (in his cute southern accent):
"Now Jami, I'm only gonna say this once, but this is a very expensive ring. You need to be very careful". Then he gave me a hug and told me he wasnt mad. So, needless to say, the ring spent the remainder of the shower on the counter and I realized how lucky I am to be marrying a very patient man.
Love,
Matt & Mami

7 comments:

  1. I about had a heart attack reading that! I can't imagine what you were feeling....I am glad it is safely back on your finger! That was a close one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jam, how scary, I bet your heart got a poundin'!! I am soooo glad you met him, what a sweetheart, I am glad he is patient with you, you deserve it and I know you would do the same for him!! Glad that turned out positive!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap i would have been freakin out too. Glad you found it alright:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I've lost my ring a million times, but never down a drain!! I lost it in the grass though, after prayer I found it, but I was pretty shook up. You've got a very blessed union with a patient man like Matt!!!

    Get a little jewelry box and put it in the toothpaste drawer. ALWAYS put your ring there. That is what I do with mine. Specially since now it doesn't fit... baby fat on my fingers!! urgh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Close call! I'm glad it all ended up okay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Cow Jami I would have flipped out!!! I have always been afraid that my ring would slip off my finger.....Im so glad that you got it back!!! Matt sounds like a really nice guy Im so glad that you found him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Matt sure sounds like a keeper! I have had many "missing ring" moments...it is the worst feeling ever. Mine is slightly to big as well. I am so glad you were able to save the little buggar!

    ReplyDelete