So, the company I work for is the Third largest employer in the United States, and the Worlds largest staffing company. We have been told we are going to be ok throughout the recession. We still get benefits and the 401K match, but we were told we would not get our yearly raises. That's ok, we figured that. But, today we had a conference call and they are cutting salaried employees (me) salaries by 5% starting April 1st. We knew it was coming and we should be glad we still have jobs. There is a cutoff salary, and I am barely below that, so my salary actually is not getting cut this year. I never thought I would be happy to make less money. My boss is on a cruise for 15 days and when she gets back she will find out her salary will be cut. I guess it is better than coming back to not having a job, but it would still suck! So, hopefully this does not mean a RIF, but I have my resume prepared just in case. Hopefully the recession doesnt last too much longer!
Love,
Mami
Hutson Jack
12 years ago






I'm glad to hear you're safe!
ReplyDeleteWhew...glad to hear you are still safe. It is pretty scary all that is going on right now! Makes you just want to save...instead of spend. But then that only hurts the economy!
ReplyDelete