Mar 23, 2009

Now dont be JEalOUs

When people ask what you did on Friday night, what do you answer? Well, whatever you did, my Friday night was better...I did ROSHI. What is that you ask? Only the coolest new thing to do on a Friday night. See, I go to a therapist once a week cause I have "issues". My therapist is all about naturalistic therapy and I figured I would at least try it. Now, I usually don't agree with this stuff, I think it is kind of KoOkY! But now that I found the RoShI, kooky or not, I'm going back. The Roshi are these sunglasses (with another set on top of your head...see the blue nobs sticking out of my head? No, those are not my horns:) ) that flash lights. They flash blue and green lights for a while, then she changes them to red lights. I don't know how it works, but I have never been so relaxed. It does something to your brain (she says it is making it not discombobulated) to make the anxiety gone.
If you want the best nights sleep you have had in a long time, try the Roshi. I didnt believe it at all, but she said I would notice a difference. Things that would normally bother me, dont. I dont get anxious or upset. Something happened Saturday night that would normally make me cry, but i didnt even get upset at all. Now that I am more relaxed I am happier and positive. She said the more I do it, the longer it will last. But I have had it done twice and I have noticed it lasting at least a week. I LOVE IT!

She also does other things with me that are a little, ok, a lot weird, but I figure my way didnt work, so I can try weird. I do things like tap certain places on my face and say things like "Safely and calmly, totally and completely, I am getting rid of the (whatever feeling) associated with (whatever experience)" and voodoo things like that. I even do it and say I forgive myself. There is even a point where I tap my chin and hum, then count from 10-0 and hum again. (Just picture it, that alone will give you the laugh you need for the day...Jami humming) I tell you what, if there was a hidden camera it could be on tv. But again, I really feel like it is working. Things that have really bothered me and caused me a lot of pain for years dont seem so big anymore. So, if you need to relax, let go of some anxiety, or even if you just want to be as cool as me, you should try out the roshi...or just try tapping your face, it works!

To take this picture, my Therapist Marie had me look at the camera and say "ROSHI"

1 comment:

  1. I want some ROSHI, sounds Tasty, jk, but it does sound pretty cool!! I am very glad it is helping you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete