Feb 27, 2009

ReTaIl ThErApY


K - So I just said how I have had a rough week. Well, I decided to give myself a break. (Well, kind of). I have been very stressed, and when I get stressed I get panic attacks (hence, feeling like the world is falling down around me). So, I called into work yesterday. Yes, that's right I SlUfFeD WoRk (my grandpa Berrett said he was impressed that I am such a big shot that I can take a day off work just to hang out. Grandpa Berrett impressed that I sluffed...hmm. Think about that!) I didnt even lie to my boss, I just called and said I am taking a PTO day...and she said to have a great day, so I did.
So, when you are having a hellish week and you need to have a good day, what do you do? Call Mom. So, I did. And what did Mom do about it? Well, she also sluffed work (I'm such a bad influence!). We went for some retail therapy, just the two of us (she even took away my phone so I couldnt have any stress). We went and had lunch at the mall, then we went to see Confessions of a Shopaholic. (For some reason Nicki said that show reminds her of me. Come on Nick, me, shop?) ok, so those of you who know me may agree, but lets deal with one addiction at a time here :)
Anyway, then we went SHOPPING ourselves! Dillards was having an AmAzInG sale (good through Sunday, you should totally go!) As Mom and I were perusing through the racks, I mentioned to her how nothing takes care of anxiety like a little rEtAiL tHeRaPy...The sales lady asked if that makes her a psychatrist..OF COURSE! I got a cute dress and a cute shirt (DKNY) both for $20.00. When she rang it up she said "the cost of your therapy today is $21.25". I told her I will take that kind of therapy any day (and I paid cash, no credit cards for me thank you). Then my mom bought a cute shirt for $10.00. So, I may just bypass my normal therapists and go shopping once a week instead, what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree, It's funny cause just tonight I told Beckie that I don't need therapy now that I am doing the blocks with her, I think there are some great substitutions!! LOL :) I am glad you got a day off and have a fun day with your MOM!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went private cause my ex's family are blog stalkers so email me and I will add you arrington.mindy18@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is great therapy!!! I want to try it! haha Love you!

    ReplyDelete